Lecture Date: Friday, October 13
Midterm Exam day!
You will need to bring a (fully-charged) laptop to class today. You will be taking taking the test in Collab.
The exam will consist of five questions. Each should be answered with a reasonable sized paragraph, fully touching on all aspects of the question. Bullet lists will receive no credit.
The questions will roughly cover the main aspects of these topic areas:
- Basic mobile architecture / MVC
- Android architecture
- iOS architecture
- Data Management (the four concepts of storing data and how they work)
- REST (the five aspects and how they work)
- Web Services / Service Oriented Architecture
There is no coding on the test. All questions are conceptual around the design and construction of mobile apps.
Tips for taking tests in Collab:
- Open the test in Collab and copy the questions out of Collab and into the document editor of your choice (Word, text editor, Google doc, whatever).
- Answer all the questions first in your document editor, saving as you go.
- Copy the plain text of your answers into the question boxes in Collab one at a time when you are ready to submit.
- Submit the test and keep your back up just in case something happens.