Lecture Date: Wednesday, October 10
A web application that is RESTful:
- Is bookmarkable (in general)
- Has "good looking" URLs
- Has a good data model behind it
- Often has a good external API
- Fully takes advantage of the Internet's asynchronous nature
Check out the Postman tool for connecting to RESTful APIs.
Imagine a software system made up only of various web applications, linked together through various RESTful calls. Crazy, you say?! Of course not! That's a service-oriented architecture!
UVA does this! Check out http://devhub.virginia.edu/.
- Example Flight code - http://cs4720.cs.virginia.edu/resources/flight.zip
- Android - https://firebase.google.com/docs/database/android/start/
- iOS - https://firebase.google.com/docs/database/ios/start